Dealing with stress, particularly during the holidays, demands a blend of techniques to safeguard well-being. Stress is inevitable, but how it is managed can make a difference. Here are some quick tips:
- Learn to Say “No”: It’s challenging to decline endless requests. If a direct “NO” isn’t feasible, consider “Not Now” or “Yes, but…”. Avoiding excessive commitments is essential for a balanced and enjoyable holiday.
- Take Short Breaks: Balancing work and holiday hustle is demanding. Brief breaks for “me time,” whether a few minutes of personal relaxation or a short walk (even mild exercise), can alleviate stress.
- Share the Work: Are you the one doing everything? The weight of self-imposed responsibilities can be crushing, especially during the holidays. Enlist the help of family, friends, and loved ones.
- Communicate Openly: Openly discussing holiday expectations with family and friends reduces misunderstandings. Early communication is vital. Address situations as they arise, preventing them from escalating.
- Be Mindful of Feelings: Paying attention to emotions is crucial. Recognize and acknowledge stress early for a happy, healthy, and enjoyable holiday season.
Managing stress is vital for your well-being. These tips provide a practical and thoughtful approach to navigate the challenges of the holiday season. Here’s wishing you one that is happy, healthy, and terrific.
The Bucks and Montgomery County Schools Health Care Consortium
Benefits Basics is intended for distribution to members enrolled in the Bucks and Montgomery County Schools Health Care Consortium insurance plan. The Summary Plan Description available at the website provides full details of all coverage including exceptions and limitations.